POSITION: Assistant Coach, Les Canadiennes
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Les Canadiennes
STATUS: One (1) Year Contract
LOCATION: Montreal, QC
POTENTIAL START DATE: August 1st
CLOSING DATE: July 1st, 2018
Les Canadiennes are looking for a dynamic person to complete their coaching staff next season.
Core Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the General Manager to identify, recruit and draft key prospects
- Coordinate player evaluation and selection in conjunction with the head coach and GM
- Help plan and implement pre-game preparation and communication with the team
- Design practice plans in consultation with the head coach and other assistant(s)
- Attend all team events including practices, games (exhibition, regular season and playoffs) and team sanctioned events or designate a replacement
- Help establish and maintain rules for the team
- Expected to allocate sufficient time before and after games and practices to allow for adequate meetings and player communication
- Comply with all necessary rules, guidelines, regulations, etc. within the CWHL Policies and Guidelines
- Develop and execute game strategies
- Set game lineups
- Create individual development plans for players
- Maintain open communication with players and staff on key matters (i.e. playing time, special teams, roles, etc.)
- Serve as an official spokesperson on behalf of the team
- Make oneself available for media to promote team and league
- Make oneself available to sponsors and community initiatives (i.e. with minor hockey associations) to promote team and league
- Provide a season review at the end of the year that provides the following information: evaluation of individual and team performance, recommendations for the program.
- The CWHL plays a 28-game regular season. Games are played on weekends from October through to March.
- Teams practice twice a week in the evenings.
- Consistent email contact and availability with head coach, GM and athletes during the week and on weekends is expected.
- Availability for fundraising events and community outreach activities.
- Ability to travel Internationally up to 10 days
- Away notices must be provided in a timely manner
Desired Qualifications / Skills
The Assistant Coach will possess the following strengths and abilities:
- Bilingual (spoken French and English)
- Capacity to work with a diverse team to` success and ensure they contribute to the achievement of the overall strategic goals of the organization;
- Excellent communicator and teacher;
- An ability to work independently without supervision, but in accordance with documented policy and procedure guidelines;
- A record of working as a team member, as well as a history of performing in situations that require leadership and initiative;
- An ability to balance team / athletes needs and goals with those of the administration of CWHL;
- A background that displays people management and people leadership skills and attributes;
- A background that displays excellent stakeholder relations and workplace co-operation;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success at the Minor Hockey Level and or Jr Level or Higher.
- Be accredited in accordance with the rules and standards of Hockey Québec.
- Hold a High Performance 1 certification at the time of submitting an application would be an asset.
- A comprehensive understanding of team management, team tactics, team systems, strategies, skill development
- Excellent communications, organizational and planning skills
Assistant Coach Compensation:
The CWHL has a modest stipend to cover expenditures related to this volunteer position.
Please submit your resume to: General Manager, Meg Hewings, [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.