Marie-Joëlle Allard was drafted in the sixth round at the 2018 CWHL Draft.
The Victoriaville, Quebec native competed for five seasons with the Concordia University Stingers of the RSEQ from 2013 to 2018. As captain of the Stingers in her senior season, Allard led her team to RSEQ provincial gold and U SPORTS national bronze.
Allard is a three-time RSEQ All-Star, earning First Team honours twice and Second Team honours once, while also being named to the RSEQ All-Rookie Team in 2013-14.
In her five seasons, Allard appeared in 95 games recording 32 points (4 G, 28 A). A strong defensive presence, Allard offensively delivers in a setup role posting her best statistical season in her senior year with 10 points (10 A) in 18 games.
With the Stingers, Allard has had the opportunity to learn from women’s hockey legend and CWHL alumna Julie Chu who stepped into the head coach role with Concordia in the summer of 2016. In addition, Les Canadiennes Caroline Ouellette, Karell Emard, Cassandra Poudrier and Emerance Maschmeyer all served on the Stingers 2017-18 coaching staff.
- Height: 5’7
- Position: Defense
- Hometown: Victoriaville, QC
- Former Team: Concordia Stingers/ CEGEP Limoilou
- Seasons with the team: 1
- Gold medallist at the RSEQ provincial tournament (2018)
- Bronze medallist at the U Sports national championship (2018)
- Named to the all-rookie team (2014)
- First team All-Star honours twice
- Second team All-Star honours once